Sunday, April 7, 2019

The Sides Are Off The Form


I pulled the sides off of the mold yesterday.  It worked pretty good.  The side actually came out a better shape than the drawing.  The drawing was too straight coming from the top to the center.  Now it has more of a curve.  I will have to add a little; maybe 2 or 3 mm at the most there.  For some reason maybe a mm or 2 near the bottom on one side too.




The sides need the linings cut back, and the lower block can be rounded out.





I marked the inflection line on the inside of the back, and how much needs to come off the point where most of the recurve on the inside.  It is mostly 2-3 mm to get it down to 4 mm thick.  That is a good starting point.  The inside recurve should be good then, and I can glue the back to the ribs.  Then I can see how the belly fits.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Body Glued Up

The body is glued up now. I'm something up the ribs and the edges of the belly and the back.  I glued on the neck extension, and tri...